Community and Regional News — January 2019
- New Community Council. Our new Council positions have been filled. Georgia is treasurer and Teresa is secretary. Susan S. and Susan M. retain their positions as Formation Director and Director, respectively. Please keep the Council members in your prayers as they serve our community for the next three years.
- Regional Day of Recollection. On Saturday, February 23 there will be a Day of Recollection at St. Teresa of Avila Church in San Francisco. The topic for the day is A Closer Look at Abandoning Ourselves to God (The Journey Continues). The cost is $45 per person. Please make out your check for your registration to Georgia. She will combine the amount into one payment from our community. All registrations must be submitted by February 6.
- Professions. At the February Day of Recollection, two of our members, Clarita and Susan S., will be making their final professions. Nona, Lynn, Vidky and Maru will be received into our community. And the new Councl will be installed. It will be a busy and blessed day for us all! Please keep everyone being finally professed, received, and installed in your prayers.
- No Community Meeting in February. There will be no community meeting in February. Please make every effort to attend the Day of Recollection.
Next Meeting — March 17, 2019
March Community Meeting: March 17, 2019 in the Governo House Fireside Room, from 2:00-5:00 p.m.
March Ongoing Formation Homework
- Interior Castle: Seventh Dwelling Places: Chapter 4: The Lord’s Purpose In Granting Favors, pages 431-448
- Study questions: page 448
March Lectio Divina
Lectio Divina for March 19TH community meeting is Luke 9:28b-36.
Please pray for all Carmelites, especially:
- Our members who are ill
- All Carmelites who are isolates
- Our deceased members