Community and Regional News — September 2017
- News from the Regional Coordinator. Cindy Perazzo, Coordinator of Bay Area Region Lay Carmelites for the Province of the Most Pure Heart of Mary, announced via email that Ann S. has accepted a second 3-year term as Regional Coordinator for the San Francisco Bay Area Region. In addition, Catherine W. has accepted a 3-year term as Regional Formation Coordinator. Their new terms began September 1. Our congratulations and thanks to both Ann and Catherine as they take on this additional service to the Lay Carmelites. Please support both of them by keeping them in your daily prayers.
- Fall 2017 Day of Recollection. The Fall Day of Recollection will be held next month on Saturday, October 21st at St. Teresa of Avila Church in San Francisco. The retreat master is Fr. Matthew Murray and the topic is Total Abandonment to God. The fee is $45 for individuals; $75 for married couples. Please make your check payable to our Community treasurer and give it to her along with your completed registration form. The deadline is October 7. Register now
- Novena to St. Thérèse of Lisieux. The fall novena this year will focus on St. Thérèse of Lisieux. Please sign up to lead a talk. The novena will be held every night in the Governo House Dining Room or Library beginning at 7:00 pm. The first night is this coming Friday, September 22 and runs through Saturday, September 30. St. Therese’s feast day falls on Sunday, October 1. If you can, please attend the 11:00 mass at Holy Spirit Church. Be sure to wear your scapular and sit with our group. Brunch will follow at Black Bear restaurant. Novena details
- Next Community Meeting. Our next regular meeting will be on November 19 in the Governo House dining room and library, starting at 2:00. Due to the Fall Day of Recollection, there will be no community meeting in October.
Next Meeting — November 19, 2017
November Community Meeting: November 19, 2017 in the Governo House dining room and library.
November Ongoing Formation Homework
- Interior Castle: The Sixth Dwelling Places, Chapter 2, pages 233-243
- Study questions: page 243
November Lectio Divina
Lectio Divina for November 19TH community meeting is Matthew 25: 14-15, 19-21.
Please pray for all Carmelites, especially:
- Our members who are ill
- All Carmelites who are isolates
- Our deceased members