Community and Regional News — September 2019
- Novena to St. Teresa of Avila. The Community’s winter novena this year will be focused on St. Teresa of Avila. The novena will be held October 6-14 in the Governo House Dining Room and will begin each night at 7:00pm. However, because there is no available location on the second night, Monday, October 7, the time will be spent in silence in the Adoration Chapel. Monday’s presentation will be provided in written form to those who take part in the novena and each participant can make the novena and read the presentation silently in the chapel. We have presenters for October 7 and 9 but need seven more volunteers to lead a topic for the remaining nights. Please sign up! At the beginning of October, I will send you all an email reminding you of the novena.
- Feast of St. Teresa of Avila. If possible, on Tuesday, October 15, please attend the 8:15am Mass at Holy Spirit. Those attending should wear their scapulars and sit together. As our community meeting is only five days later, we will celebrate St. Teresa’s feast together on the 20TH.
- New Question-and-Answer Series. Our Lay Carmelite Coordinator, Cindy Perrazo has been writing a question-and-answer series to questions and concerns brought up at the 2019 Lay Carmelite Convocation. Catherine has made all this available to us on our community website. This is very useful information. Please make time to go visit the website and read the Questions & Answers.
Next Meeting — October 20, 2019
October Community Meeting: October 20, 2019 in the Governo House Dining Room and Library, from 2:00-5:00 p.m.
October Ongoing Formation Homework
- Into Your Hands Father, Abandoning Ourselves to the God Who Loves Us: Accepting God’s Will, Section 7, pages 37-40
- Study questions: Study Guide, page 8-10, questions 1-2.
October Lectio Divina
Lectio Divina for October 20TH community meeting is Luke 18: 1-8.
Please pray for all Carmelites, especially:
- Our members who are ill
- All Carmelites who are isolates
- Our deceased members