Community and Regional News — January 2023
- 2023 Community Calendar. Pick up copy of our 2023 Calendar and updated roster. Thank you, Catherine, for putting calendar together for us.
- 2023 Monthly Meetings. The location for our Community meetings this year will be in the Fireside Lounge.
- Regional Day of Recollection. There will be a Silent Day of Recollection on Saturday, February 11 from 8:30 to 1:30, the Carmelite House of Prayer, 20 Mount Carmel Drive, Napa, CA 94558. Registration, to be paid at the door, is $25 to cover the speakers’ expenses, an honorarium, facility rental, a light breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Details here
- No Community Meeting in February. In lieu of the Community Meeting in February, please attend the Day of Recollection on February 11.
- Ongoing Formation. Our next book for ongoing formation is Mary the Perfect Contemplative. The study begins in May.
Next Meeting — March 19, 2023
Community Meeting: March 19, 2023 in the Fireside Lounge, from 2:00-5:00 p.m.
Ongoing Formation Homework
- Into Your Hands Father, Abandoning Ourselves to the God Who Loves Us: A Testimony: Letting Go, pages 103-105
- Study question: Study Guide, page 25, question 1. (For Further Study: The Night of the Senses — Seven Questions to ponder)
Lectio Divina for March 19TH community meeting is the gospel reading for the Fourth Sunday of Lent: John 9:1, 6-9, 13-17, 34-38 (Short version).
Please pray for all Carmelites, especially:
- Our members who are ill
- All Carmelites who are isolates
- Our deceased members
- Monthly Community Meeting
Lectio Divina, dates, and locations for all meetings
- Ongoing Formation
Information about our current required reading and homework for each month of this year’s ongoing formation classes