Community and Regional News — December 2022
- Update of our Community Roster. Updated copies of our Community Roster will be provided at the next community meeting on January 15, 2023.
- 2023 Monthly Meetings. The location for our Community meetings next year has not yet been finalized.
- Regional Day of Recollection. There will be a Silent Day of Recollection on Saturday, 11 February, 8:30-1:30, the Carmelite House of Prayer, 20 Mount Carmel Drive, Napa, CA 94558. Registration, to be paid at the door, is $25 to cover the speakers’ expenses, an honorarium, facility rental, a light breakfast, lunch, and snacks.
- Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas and thank you for your support this year! Let’s look forward to a blessed New Year 2023.
Next Meeting — January 15, 2023
Community Meeting: January 15, 2023 in the Governo House Dining Room, from 2:00-5:00 p.m.
Ongoing Formation Homework
- Into Your Hands Father, Abandoning Ourselves to the God Who Loves Us: The Prayer of Surrender, pages 100-103
- Study questions: Study Guide, pages 23-24, questions 1-4. (For Further Study: The Night of the Senses — Seven Questions to ponder)
Lectio Divina for January 15TH community meeting is the gospel reading for the Second Sunday in Ordinary Time: John 1:29-34.
Please pray for all Carmelites, especially:
- Our members who are ill
- All Carmelites who are isolates
- Our deceased members
- Monthly Community Meeting
Lectio Divina, dates, and locations for all meetings
- Ongoing Formation
Information about our current required reading and homework for each month of this year’s ongoing formation classes