Community and Regional News — March 2023
- Day of Recollection. Thank you to everyone who attended the Day of Recollection on February 11 in Napa. Thank you to all our drivers! Congratulations to Marilou and Zenaida on their final profession.
- Annual Provincial Dues. Provincial Dues for 2023 is still $55.00; Our community members pay $50.00.
- Donation Box. Why we do we have a donation box? Donations are collected to assist our inactive members and to help defray the administrative costs associated with running our community. Thank you for your generosity!
- Ongoing Formation. Our new formation study book, Mary the Perfect Contemplative, is $15.00. Please pay Marilou when you receive your copy. The study begins in May.
- Phase 1 Class. Phase 1 class started in January 2023, with Ann facilitating the class.
- Phase 2 Class. Rowena officially started Phase 2; the class began in January of this year, with Marilou facilitating.
- No Community Meeting in April. Due to Lenten/Easter/Divine Mercy, we will not have a Community Meeting in April.
Next Meeting — May 21, 2023
Community Meeting: May 21, 2023 in the Fireside Lounge, from 2:00-5:00 p.m.
Ongoing Formation Homework
- Mary the Perfect Contemplative: Chapter 1: Preparing the Way for Christ’s Coming, pages 17-19.
- Study/Discussion questions: Study Guide, page 2, questions 1-4. You may also wish to answer the questions for Chapter 1, found in Appendix 1 of the book.
Lectio Divina for May 21ST community meeting is the gospel reading for the Seventh Sunday of Easter: Matthew 28:16-20.
Please pray for all Carmelites, especially:
- Our members who are ill and/or inactive
- All Carmelites who are isolates
- Our deceased members
- Monthly Community Meeting
Lectio Divina, dates, and locations for all meetings
- Ongoing Formation
Information about our current required reading and homework for each month of this year’s ongoing formation classes