Community and Regional News — May 2023
- Annual Provincial Dues. Provincial dues have been submitted to Aylesford. Thank you to everyone especially those who are so kind to help out our Inactive members.
- 25 Years in Carmel. Congratulations to Ann S., Catherine W., Susan M. and Alfredina D. for reaching 25 years in the Carmelite Order as Professed Carmelites.
- St. Anne Marian Festival. Carmelite Community members are invited to attend the St. Anne Marian Festival on May 27-28, 2023. Mass will be at 10:00 a.m. with lunch served at 11:00 a.m. At 12:00 p.m. Fr. Gerald will talk about Mary the Contemplative in the hall, followed by a brief talk about the Legion of Mary, Servites and Carmelites. The presentations will end with praying the rosary. Please wear your scapular if you attend so that anyone interested in the Lay Carmelite vocation can easily recognize the Carmelites in the room.
Next Meeting — June 25, 2023
Community Meeting: June 25, 2023 in the Fireside Lounge, from 2:00-5:00 p.m.
Ongoing Formation Homework
- Mary the Perfect Contemplative: Chapter 1: Mary the New Eve and Model of Obedience, pages 19-25.
- Study/Discussion questions: Study Guide, page 3, questions 5-7. You may also wish to answer the questions for Chapter 1, found in Appendix 1 of the book.
Lectio Divina for June 25ST community meeting is the gospel reading for the Twelfth Sunday in Ordinary Timer: Matthew 10:26-33.
Please pray for all Carmelites, especially:
- Our members who are ill and/or inactive
- All Carmelites who are isolates
- Our deceased members
- Monthly Community Meeting
Lectio Divina, dates, and locations for all meetings
- Ongoing Formation
Information about our current required reading and homework for each month of this year’s ongoing formation classes